10.22.2009

I got my n00bz !!! yay


A friend of mine attended Blizzcon 09 where the n00bz by Blizzard and Bigshot Toyworks were released. There were three versions for sale, a murlock, ghoul, and ragnaros, oh plus a 'blank'. I asked him to help me grab a Fury of Ragnaros and I just got it from him today after he came back to the Philippines

( actually I was begging to buy his Raynor n00bz which only came in the goody bag... I failed :(



Anyway, here are my impressions on the toy. Fist off the packaging I must say was simple and would really look nice on a shelf. It displayed the figure through two panels of clear plastic and has a similar feel to the packaging of Hasbro's Mighty Muggs line, complete with the figure silhouette cutout on one side. I find the simple dark toned colors really brought out the figure encased within. One gripe i have is that while unpacking the figure, I found it difficult to pop it off the frame. It could be just me but I Would have preferred a looser packaging as I have had experiences where the paint stuck to the clear packaging or the figure getting scratched in the attempt to get it off the frame.




The toy itself is made of durable material and the paint job is clean and detailed. Blizzard apparently held a painting contest internally to determine the first mass produced editions of these toys. This probably explains the quality of the art, and mass producing them doesn't seem to have had much effect on the level of detail.

FRONT

BACK

The figure stands about 6 inches in height and is about 7 inches across depending on the pose. Below I give you a side by side shot of Ragnaros and a Logan Mighty Mugg for size comparison

Overall im very very happy with my n00bz. Needless to say I will definitely display this one proudly on my shelf. Am really grateful to my friend Zach for helping me grab a copy. (Zach publishes an online web comic based on the WoW universe and the art is kickass ... link)


-alger




1 comment:

Unknown said...

haha grats on the ragnaros ger :P

more toy reviews! :D wala ka bang mga gundam reviews dyan :P

oh and go link / plug zach rin :P (and go check his site if you havent :P awesum WoW comics :D

http://thebattlemasters.com/