10.19.2009

I got my Space Hulk !!!

I want to use this space to talk about my gaming hobby in general. From what games I'm looking for, currently playing, and currently working on.

To start things off I want to get into Space Hulk (3rd. Ed.). I have wanted a copy of this game for a very long time, and finally this year a new edition was released. Bought my copy from Paradigm Infinitum (PI) in Singapore last month, and was able to add on another set of board tiles and accessories from Fed on Tabletopwars.com who was looking to split a box's contents.



SPACE HULK
By Games Workshop is a 2 player game where one side plays the all-devouring Tyranids who have infested a floating 'space hulk', and the other side playing the valiant space marines who are tasked with exterminating these aliens or 'xenos'.

The game rules are very polished, having been written, revised, and improved over the course of decades. I find that whilst playing the game, players are not being controlled by the rules. True that the movement, shooting, and close assault rules are there to restrict players and balance the game, but i fell that they also offer a wide opening for player strategy and interaction.

The return of the timer from first ed. was definitely a plus, as well as is the new 'defensive stance'. Both serve to give that atmosphere of hunting down an agile and deadly creature in confined and awkward spaces.

anyway ill write a proper review in some other post. For now I would like to show my Box. Having bought two sets of board tiles and accessories, I had to make sure they fit nicely into the box without the individual tiles being damaged.

I cut up a spare carton box and glued the pieces together and got this:

No comments: