11.10.2010

Secret Fresh Ortigas branch has opened

Secret Fresh at the RONAC Art Center along Ortigas, has just opened shop and are offering a great selection of vinyl toys and other cool collectibles.

I use the word "toys" but really what these guys have up for sale and display are truly works of art. Visitors to the store/gallery are treated to viewings of rare pieces as well as new releases. For instance on display they have a set of Gorillaz vinyl figs, gigantic hand painted dunnys, and even the Manny Pacquiao & Mickey figure set, though unfortunately not for sale.

Whilst there however I was fortunate enough to grab one of these guys before they ran out. Yup they had a couple of Blood and Fuzz 8" dunnys there. Ok I actually bought this before the grand opening. Lol Bigboy was gracious enough to let random stranger me in to have a looksie a few weeks before they officially opened. They had about 5 of these left then, though on opening day I saw only 2 boxes on the shelf and now they are *poof*. This is one awsome piece and it came signed by Luke Chueh. I'm really happy with this purchase and grateful someone brought this in to the Philippines, at a reasonable price mind you.




What I did eventually buy after that oppening night, though I had to wait till the next day since there were way too many people that evening, are these guys...




A pair of Kiething's Baby Sharkies. Really cute and looks awesome on the shelf. Like the Blood and Fuzz above these guys came signed by their creator. This purchase actually came after my girlfriend asked Bigboy if she could open a set and see how they looked on a table together. after seeing that we just had to get both not just one. I guess the guys at the store liked they as well, cause they were still on the display table when we left.

Anyway to end this I would just like to say that the Secret Fresh guys are awesome, as well as their shop. I truly am hoping to see more from these guys (3A.. ahem ahem... 3A ;P). They have great plans for bringing in more talent from around the world to visit us here, as well as promoting our local artists as well.

Congratulations on a succesful opening!

-alger

No comments: