10.18.2010

Happy 50th Dad!!!

Happy birthday dad!!

Our father's birthday is actually on the 20th of the month, but we gave him a little advance on the party and presents last sunday. We had a small BBQ session at home, that nearly became a kitchen affair because the typhoon decided to threaten the late afternoon with strong winds and a possible downpouring in the evening. Besides the wonderful meal and the ipad mom got dad, me and my sisters were able to surprise our father with a little custom toy we made for him.

it is based on the Danboard toy by Revoltech.




Every year, me and my two sisters try our best to surprise our dad with something different for his birthday, but we usually end up giving him shirts or coffee mugs. This year though we were determined to get him something more personal and unique.

After weeks of brainstorming to no avail, I chanced upon some danboards at Greattoysonline.com in greenhills. I immediately knew I had found the perfect gift for him. They were out of stock though, and i had to keep emailing the shop for an order and to make sure it arrived early enough for us to pull the surprise off. I bought twowhen they arrived, initially because i wasn't sure how to do the customization and was worried that we might be needing more than one try. However, when I showed my sisters they quickly concluded that stickers and marker pens were the way to go. After realizing that the customization would be relatively easy to do, we decided to do a mom Danboard with the spare toy to give them a set.

Just a couple of weeks back, we had to move out of the new house because of some painting and varnishing works to be done to our rooms. Despite the obviouse headache with moving out again, this actually gave us best opportunity to finish the toys. My sisters quickly went to work with the stickers and pens, while I secured the company logos for the dad version.

Anyway without further delay here are the finished products! two new customized Danboards for my dad's display cabinet.



My dad's wearing his favorite boxer shorts, whilst mom is in hercolorful PJ's. we are really pleased with how these guys turned out, and we're even happier to see the curiosity and pleasant surprise in dad's face when my sister gave them to him with both sets of eyes lit up (yes they light-up via a switch at the side of the head)

anyway that's all for now, the post is too wordy once again, I appologise. Anyway I'll post more frequently when we move 'back' into the new house (hopefully within 2010).

Until my next post! I hope you enjoyed and thanks for reading!

-alger

1 comment:

EIKO said...

Sooo coooll!! Ang thoughtful niyo talaga!! Creative geniuses at work! :)